2008年7月29日星期二

Greenfield Trip

Last Saturday we went to Greenfield village. I should write something about it early, but the poster really needs a long time.

Greenfield village is a small and cute area about the history of Ford. As everyone knows, Ford is a famous company producing cars, machines and so on. The village is filled with historic houses which Ford had either lived in or done some research in. In fact, houses there are moved from other places far away. What is amazing, they are all preserved in good condition as if there still lives someone. It is very interesting that we can see some people who work in the village dressing in ancient-style clothes and play some old games. Walking around the village I just felt like I was in the 18th or 19th century. Small wood houses with a window through which you could see the beautiful scenery outside, carts which are moved by horses --- all of these things are making me feel the peaceful and relaxing life.


After visiting the village, we went to Henry Ford Museum. What a pity that I have not found the bus Mindy mentioned before, but we really had a happy time there. The museum is just like a book telling us the history of American industry. However, it is more interesting than reading a thick textbook at home. Here we were actually walking through the history. There are old big train, different kinds of cars, huge machines, guns and planes..... I really felt the time is so limited that I could not see all the things in display. There was also a chololate exhibition. But I am not a fan of chololate. So it seemed less attractive to me.

The last activity is the IMAX film. The screen is so big that almost all the front wall is covered by the screen. And there are speakers set up all over the theatre. The name of the film is Dark Knight. It is a latest film which published this year. The servants in the theatre told us all the tickets had been sold out. But actually I am a little disappointed because the 3D effect is not so effective as I imagined. This is the first time I have seen a film in American theatre and this is also the first time I have seen IMAX film.


I enjoy this trip!

没有评论: